How To Become a Member
How to Affiliate with the Kentucky Youth Soccer
- Coaching Education- KYSA offers 4 different (age specific) Coaching Education Courses to improve the quality of coaching and help assist those new to coaching.
- Full Time State Office Staff- to assist our member clubs with anything they need from structuring your league, to league rules, bylaws, programs, etc…
- State Run Tournaments- 2 recreational state run tournaments for member clubs to participate in; one in the fall and one in the spring. We also host 3 tournaments for select level teams in the spring.
- Intra League Play- allows clubs to play against other KYSA member clubs and still be insured.
- Comprehensive secondary Insurance policy- Covers all players, coaches, and officers/directors of your soccer club.
- Affinity Registration Program- Player registration program provided free to all KYSA members to help you register players with your league. There is also an online registration function which allows your parents to register online and takes away the work from your club registrar. There is a small fee involved with this.
- Player Development Camps- Kentucky Youth Soccer hosts player development camps each summer and could host one in your backyard for your players. KYSA handles all aspects of the camp and only asks the host to use their facility.
- www.kysoccer.net – KYSA provides a full service website for our members
- Referee Certification and Development- in partnership with the KY Referee Association, Kentucky Youth Soccer will help you get your referees certified. The first entry level clinic for all new members is free of charge.
- Marketing your Association- Kentucky Youth Soccer can assist you with marketing tools to help you grow your membership.
To apply for membership with Kentucky Youth Soccer, please follow these steps below:
- Submit a letter requesting membership (a minimum of 4 teams is required) with the president's contact information.
- Submit a copy of your association's by-laws and playing rules. If your organization does not have any, Kentucky Youth Soccer State Rules will take affect.
- Enclose the $20.00 Kentucky Youth Soccer affiliation fee and the Affiliation Form.
These items should be submitted to the Kentucky Youth Soccer Executive Director.:
Kentucky Youth Soccer
Attn: Executive Director
158 Constitution St.
Lexington, KY 40507
Contingent upon approval by the Kentucky Youth Soccer Board of Directors, your league, club or association will be accepted as a provisional member of Kentucky Youth Soccer and maintain all the rights and responsibilities of full members except the right to cast votes at the Annual General Meeting. Once your association is approved by the Board of Directors, you will be contacted by Lisa Duvall with additional Information. During this period, the Kentucky Youth Soccer staff and Board of Directors will review the documents submitted to ensure they comply with the rules and procedures of Kentucky Youth Soccer and contact your organization to assist with correction of any discrepancies. Final acceptance and extension of voting privileges will occur at the next Annual General Meeting. All full and provisional members of Kentucky Youth Soccer are responsible for remittance of the annual affiliation fee.
For more information on how to affiliate, contact Lisa Duvall.