The Olympic Development Program (ODP) is a national program to identify and develop youth players to represent their State, Region, and country in soccer competitions. ODP teams are formed with each of the 55 US Youth Soccer State Associations and four regions, made up of the best players in the various age groups. At the state association level, pools of players are identified in each eligible age group, brought together as a team to develop their skill through training and competition. From the state pools and subsequent teams, players are identified for regional and national pools and teams. The Olympic Development Program works in conjunction with club soccer and players are permitted to participate in both. Players should see it as a great honor to represent their state association as well as their club team as they strive to become a better player.
What is the Purpose?
1) To identify a pool of players in each age group from which a National Team will be selected for international competition;
2) To provide high-level training to benefit and enhance the development of players at all levels;
3) Through the use of carefully selected and licensed coaches, to develop a mechanism for the exchange of ideas and curriculum to improve all levels of coaching.
2017-18 ODP Program
Kentucky Youth Soccer ODP Summer Camps
Kentucky Youth Soccer would like to thank all players that participated in the 2017-18 ODP season. We would like to take the time to congratulate and wish the best of luck to our players representing the state at the US Youth Soccer Sub Regional events in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh this summer. We know that all players will represent the state with great pride during the games and training sessions at their respective events as you try to earn an invite to the US Youth Soccer Midwest ODP ID Camp in Michigan this July.
*Lists are subject to change.
2001 State Team/Player Events
There will be no Inter-Regional summer events for players born in this age group this year. State Staff Coaches will recommend players to Kentucky Youth Soccer Technical Director, Adrian Parrish for the US Youth Soccer Midwest ID Camp in Saginaw, MI. These recommendations will come following the Inter-Region ODP Showcase and International Trip.
2002 State Team
Players selected to the 2002 State Team (listed above) State Team try-outs will be attending camp at the University of Indianapolis June 28th - June 30th.
Following the camp at University of Indianapolis on June 28th -June 30th, US Youth Soccer Midwest Region Staff will select players to attend the US Youth Soccer Midwest ID Camp in Saginaw, MI.
2003-2006 State Team Events
- 2003 Boys & Girls teams will be selected from the Squad Training Day to attend the US Youth Soccer Midwest Inter-State camp at University of Indianapolis on June 29th - July 1st.
- 2004 Boys & Girls teams will be selected from the Squad Training Day to attend the US Youth Soccer Interregional Showcase in Edinboro, Pennsylvania on June 22nd - June 24th.
- 2005 Boys & Girls teams will be selected from the Squad Training Day to attend the US Youth Soccer Interregional Showcase in Edinboro, Pennsylvania on June 22nd - June 24th.
- 2006 Boys & Girls teams will be selected from the Squad Training Day to attend the US Youth Soccer Interregional Showcase in Edinboro, Pennsylvania on June 22nd - June 24th.
From theses event US Youth Soccer ODP Region Staff will select players to attend the US Youth Soccer Midwest ID Camp in Saginaw, MI.
Current Kentucky Youth Soccer ODP Players that represented the US Youth Soccer Midwest Region during an event in 2017/18 may be exempt from attending the Camps or Showcase. These players may be invited directly to the US Youth Soccer Midwest ID Camps.
Fees for all events will be set and sent to the players along with the appropriate documents soon!
2006-2007 In State Camp
All 2006 and 2007 players that did not represent KY Youth Soccer at the Showcase in Edinboro, PA can attend the ODP Instate Camp at Campbellsville University on July 19th - July 22nd.
US Youth Soccer Midwest ODP ID Camp
These events are only available for 2006 thru 2001 age group players who receive an invite from the US Youth Soccer Midwest Region Office following recognition during their respective events. Camps take place in Saginaw, MI on the following dates
- Boys ID Camp: July 6-10, 2018
- Girls ID Camp: July 12-16, 2018
Kentucky Youth Soccer covers the fees for these events but players are responsible for transportation.