- To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
- To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
- To reduce the excessive travel around the state for games and tournaments.
- To reduce the possibilities of mismatched opponents and lopsided scores .
- To reduce the number of games players were playing in a year and increase the number of training opportunities.
- Free player movement within the academy program age group.
- Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
- Professional coaches taking over administration and training of younger ages.
- Increased player enrollment and larger membership at the club.
- Increased pool of players for older teams with improvement in quality of players.
- A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
Spring 2017 U9 Academy
Spring 2017 Guidelines
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 2, 2017
Saturday, March 25th
Saturday April 8th
Saturday, April 22nd
Saturday, April 29th
Saturday, May 13th
Saturday, May 20th
U9 Academy Manual
Click here to view the U9 Academy Manual
If you have any questions about the U9 Academy or would like someone to come and talk to your association, please contact Adrian Parrish.