- To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
- To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
- To reduce the excessive travel around the state for games and tournaments.
- To reduce the possibilities of mismatched opponents and lopsided scores .
- To reduce the number of games players were playing in a year and increase the number of training opportunities.
- Free player movement within the academy program age group.
- Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
- Professional coaches taking over administration and training of younger ages.
- Increased player enrollment and larger membership at the club.
- Increased pool of players for older teams with improvement in quality of players.
- A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
Fall 2019 9U Academy
September 28th/29th (Festival: Location - Lisle Road Soccer Complex in Georgetown)
September 28/29th (Lisle Road Soccer Complex)
Spring Season: $110
Festival Only: $40
Fall 2019 Guidelines
Week 1: August 24, 2019
Week 2: September 7, 2019 (Not Available)
Week 3: September 14, 2019 (Not Available)
Week 4: September 28/29th, 2019 (Festival)
Week 5: October 12, 2019 (Not Available)
Week 6: October 19, 2019 (Not Available)
Week 7: October 26, 2019 (Not Available)
All Star Teams:
When an odd number of teams are available to play during a play-date Kentucky Youth Soccer will list "All Star team" in the empty time slot. It is the responsibility of all teams playing at that venue to provide 1-2 players to play as a group for these allocated slots. The host organization will provide a coach/parent to help organize this team.
Clubs can switch players between the two game times.
9U Academy Manual
Click here to view the 9U Academy Manual
If you have any questions about the 9U Academy or would like someone to come and talk to your association, please contact Adrian Parrish.