- To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
- To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
- To reduce the excessive travel around the state for games and tournaments.
- To reduce the possibilities of mismatched opponents and lopsided scores .
- To reduce the number of games players were playing in a year and increase the number of training opportunities.
- Free player movement within the academy program age group.
- Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
- Professional coaches taking over administration and training of younger ages.
- Increased player enrollment and larger membership at the club.
- Increased pool of players for older teams with improvement in quality of players.
- A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
Fall 2018 9U Academy
September 8-9, 2018 at the Kentucky Horse Park
October 13-14, 2018
The Fall 2018 9U Academy Registration is now open!
Click here for application instructions (*Please review carefully before registering)
Click here to apply (Note that this is in a new system. In order to register, the team manager or coach needs to register in the system to their club and be added to the team. The team will also need to be approved. Each team within your club will need to register individually)
- $100/team (for all dates including the festival dates)
- $40/team (for festival dates ONLY)*
*Festival price includes either one or two festivals
Registration Deadlines: August 1, 2018
Schedules (Not currently available for the Fall 2018)
Week 1: August 18, 2018
All Star Teams:
When an odd number of teams are available to play during a play-date Kentucky Youth Soccer will list "All Star team" in the empty time slot. It is the responsibility of all teams playing at that venue to provide 1-2 players to play as a group for these allocated slots. The host organization will provide a coach/parent to help organize this team.
Clubs can switch players between the two game times.
Fall 2018 Rules
Fall 2018 Guidelines
9U Academy Manual
Click here to view the 9U Academy Manual
If you have any questions about the 9U Academy or would like someone to come and talk to your association, please contact Adrian Parrish.