Kentucky Youth Soccer Association is excited about the new direction the United States Soccer Federation is heading with the USSF “D” License. We are working hard in conjunction with them to implement these changes as well as curriculum updates to improve the overall level of coaching in the state of Kentucky. These changes will only benefit the overall development of our players and teams in the long run.
Effective as of January 1, 2013 candidates and hosting clubs will need to be aware of the following requirements and changes:
· Waivers will no longer be granted to any coaches - all coaches must attend and pass the USSF “E” License.
· The registration deadline will now be 3 weeks prior to the scheduled event in order to accommodate for an increase in pre course homework.
· The course will no longer be held on consecutive weekends. There will now be at least 60 days between the first and second weekends to help accommodate deliberate practices.
· Kentucky Youth Soccer Association is establishing a mentoring program to help candidates prior to the course and during the deliberate practice stage. These mentors will be responsible to provide guidance and feedback to the candidates as they conduct their sessions.
· Candidates are not required to attend the same venue for the Instructional Stage (week 1) and the Performance Review (Week 2) however it is preferred.
We currently have 2 courses scheduled in February and March. We will use these two events to partially roll out the new curriculum with the intention of being fully engaged by June 1, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Adrian Parrish.