The Target United Cup is a unique tournament in that it is only open to recreational players. The tournament follows a set of guidelines that are administered at the state level.
- Every recreational player shall have an equal opportunity to participate.
- The formation of recreational teams follows a controlled registration policy where every player is accepted and assigned to a roster regardless of ability.
- A philosophy of player participation in a low-stress, fun filled environment is promoted.
Who Can Participate
Only recreational players registered with the Kentucky Youth Soccer, through an affiliate member recreational league are eligible to participate in the Target United Cup. No select players or all-star teams are allowed. Additionally, any team or player entered in or rostered for State Open, Presidents Cup or Soccer Village Cup are not eligible. When we incorporate programs that create a fun and healthy developmental environment for players while recognizing their participation and excellence, we are investing in a quality future.
2019 Kentucky American Cup - CANCELLED
The 2019 Kentucky American Cup has been cancelled.
Over the past 36 hours, the Elizabethtown Sports Park has received just under 2 inches of rain and as of the late this morning, all of the fields at Elizabethtown Sports Park are heavily saturated and several fields have standing water. The forecast models are continuing to show unfavorable weather over the next 48 hours with an additional 2-3 inches of rain and thunderstorms are expected. Additionally, Elizabethtown is under a flash flood warning till Monday morning. As such, there are dangerous playing conditions on the fields, so we have to cancel the event.
All teams and clubs have received an email with additional details regarding the event cancellation.
Administrative Info, Forms, and Tournament Policies
Build out Line: Please note that for the 10U age group, we will be utilizing the build-out line (mid-field) for the event. Click here for details on the build-out line.
Heading Policy - At 10U, goal keepers cannot punt the ball and players cannot head the ball. Click here to see the heading policy.
Print Official Roster (must be reviewed and signed by the coach before submitting to email@example.com)
- Teams can have up to three guest players.
- Guest Players must be added via the guest player form
- Guest Players must come from a team within the same organization that is not participating in the tournament.
- May 23rd - Deadline to add Guest Players (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click here for the guest player form