- Seniors in high school when the application is submitted. Those students who are currently enrolled in a PSEI (or the equivalent) as a senior in high school will not be excluded from consideration.
- Participation (as a player or referee) in a Kentucky Youth Soccer program during the applicant’s junior or senior year.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in a college prep curriculum.
- Demonstrate active service to his or her community and a strong desire to give back to the game of soccer.
*Note that due to NCAA Bylaw 126.96.36.199, individuals who will be playing Division I soccer are no longer eligible to receive the John and Sue Gompper Scholarship. Those who will be playing Division II should ensure eligibility prior to applying for the scholarship.
Click here to complete the online application.
Deadline: Tuesday, April 21, 2020
1. Complete online application;
Submit the following items by mail to the Kentucky Youth Soccer Office or by email to Holly Kirkpatrick at email@example.com.
2. A high school transcript through the Fall 2019 semester;
3. No more than two letters of recommendation from the following: teacher, principal, coach, counselor, or community leader. A phone number and email address of the person(s) completing the letters of recommendation should be included in the letter(s).
4. Essay stating the impact soccer has made in your life (no more than 3 pages)
All materials submitted with the application will not be returned.