- Seniors in high school when the application is submitted. Those students who are currently enrolled in a PSEI (or the equivalent) as a senior in high school will not be excluded from consideration.
- Participation (as a player or referee) in a Kentucky Youth Soccer program during the applicant’s junior or senior year.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in a college prep curriculum.
- Demonstrate active service to his or her community and a strong desire to give back to the game of soccer.
*Note that due to NCAA Bylaw 18.104.22.168, individuals who will be playing Division I soccer are no longer eligible to receive the John and Sue Gompper Scholarship. Those who will be playing Division II should ensure eligibility prior to applying for the scholarship.
1. Complete online application; (Application Closed)
Submit the following items by mail to the Kentucky Youth Soccer Office or by email to Holly Kirkpatrick at email@example.com by April 20, 2021.
2. A high school transcript through the Fall 2020 semester;
3. No more than two letters of recommendation from the following: teacher, principal, coach, counselor, or community leader. A phone number and email address of the person(s) completing the letters of recommendation should be included in the letter(s).
4. Essay stating the impact soccer has made in your life (no more than 3 pages)
All materials submitted with the application will not be returned.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Recipients will be notified by the end of June.
Elizabeth Burns - Kentucky Wesleyan College
Ethan Elbert – Hanover College
Kennedy Park – University of Kentucky
Bryson Penn – University of Kentucky
Click here to see the official announcement.
Donations for the John and Sue Gompper Founders Scholarship can be sent to the Kentucky Youth Soccer Association office. Please send donations in the form of a check made out to Kentucky Youth Soccer and mail checks to the following address:
Kentucky Youth Soccer
John & Sue Gompper Founders Scholarship
158 Constitution St.
Lexington, KY 40507
Please include a return address in order to receive a donation receipt.