- To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
- To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
- To reduce the excessive travel around the state for games and tournaments.
- To reduce the possibilities of mismatched opponents and lopsided scores .
- To reduce the number of games players were playing in a year and increase the number of training opportunities.
- Free player movement within the academy program age group.
- Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
- Professional coaches taking over administration and training of younger ages.
- Increased player enrollment and larger membership at the club.
- Increased pool of players for older teams with improvement in quality of players.
- A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
Fall 2021 9U Academy
August 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
September 11, 2021
September 18, 2021
September 25, 2021
October 9, 2021
October 16, 2021
October 23, 2021 - Girls Festival (Location TBD)
October 24, 2021 - Boys Festival (Location TBD)
*Please note that teams will scheduled for a maximum of 6 play dates (excluding the festival).
Click here to register for the full season
Click here to register for the festival ONLY
Registration Deadline: July 29, 2021 (11:59 pm ET)
- $110 per team (Full season plus the Festival)
- $50 per team (Festival Only)
9U Academy Manual
Click here to view the 9U Academy Manual
If you have any questions about the 9U Academy or would like someone to come and talk to your association, please contact Derek Willis.