- To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
- To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
- To reduce the excessive travel around the state for games and tournaments.
- To reduce the possibilities of mismatched opponents and lopsided scores .
- To reduce the number of games players were playing in a year and increase the number of training opportunities.
- Free player movement within the academy program age group.
- Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
- Professional coaches taking over administration and training of younger ages.
- Increased player enrollment and larger membership at the club.
- Increased pool of players for older teams with improvement in quality of players.
- A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
Spring 2021 9U Academy
March 13, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 27, 2021
April 3, 2021
April 10, 2021
April 17, 2021
April 24, 2021 - Boys Festival (Versailles)
April 25, 2021 - Girls Festival (Versailles)
May 1, 2021
*Please note that teams will scheduled for a maximum of 6 play dates (excluding the festival).
Registration is closed for the full season plus the festival. Registration is still open for the Festival only date.
Click here to register for the festival ONLY
Deadline for the Festival Only Registration: March 25, 2021
- $110 per team (Full season plus the Festival)
- $40 per team (Festival Only)
9U Academy Manual
Click here to view the 9U Academy Manual
If you have any questions about the 9U Academy or would like someone to come and talk to your association, please contact Derek Willis.